- Had a question and didn’t know who to ask?
- Thought of a great idea to build on our success?
- Wanted to know more about our strategic direction?
Well now you can turn to Yammer!
What is Yammer?
Yammer is our University’s enterprise social network, a private and secure online environment that makes real-time communication, collaboration and sharing within Stamford more easy and efficient than ever before. Yammer is extremely intuitive and easy to use. It’s here to help you get your work done and to support teamwork and coordination across our university.
Yammer lets you
- Find answers faster: you can tap into our company network to see who can answer your question, might have a relevant file or can show you where to look
- Brainstorm with anyone in the company: you might find inspiration from an intern, the CEO or your counterpart overseas
- Stay informed on where we’re headed: follow our progress and better understand how what you do helps us reach our goals
Yammer lets us build a pool of knowledge that’s instantly accessible by any employee at any time, from any device with an internet connection.
Why should I use Yammer?
Yammer makes getting work done easier, more collaborative and more enjoyable.
Here are a few of the ways you can use Yammer:
- Ask questions and get quick answers
- Save time by preventing redundant or duplicate work
- Meet co-workers who share your interests and bring relevant expertise
- Share news and announcements with the people who need to know
- Discuss major decisions and prepare for change
- Solicit opinions and ideas from across the company
- Coordinate work for projects and teams
- Gain visibility and insight on what’s happening where
- Introduce new hires and get them up to speed
- Discover valuable information that can help you get more done
- Stay connected on-the-go with Yammer mobile apps
With Yammer, you can subscribe to content based on your interests and responsibilities and send messages directly to groups or individuals. You can also create public or private groups for departments, project teams or special interests.
When is Yammer being launched?
Yammer is already active since we migrated to Office 365. It will be officially launched to all employees on 20th April, 2015. Employees who are not yet signed up for Yammer will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up and join our network.
How do I sign up?
Sign up is easy and takes less than 60 seconds. Here’s how:
- Navigate to https://yammer.com.
- Type in your Stamford e-mail address and click Join.
- You will receive an automatic e-mail from Yammer. Click Confirm.
- Enter your name and password.
- Set up your profile on the Stamford Network. Add a picture, details about your expertise, join groups, follow colleagues and invite others to join!
How can I get help with Yammer?
If you’re familiar with social networks like Facebook & Linked-In, you won’t face any trouble in using Yammer.
Click here for more resources to get started using Yammer.