This guide outlines the steps required to connect a student laptop to a printer on Microsoft Windows-based laptops and is applicable to the printing self-service system at the Asoke Campus only. To start with the process, make sure you’re connected to the campus Wi-Fi network.
- Launch Windows Explorer, type \\OSIRIS.IDENT.STAMFORD.EDU in the address bar and press enter.
- One or more printers will be displayed. Select the one with the word STUDENT appended to it, right-click on it and click on Connect.
- Wait for the printer drivers to finish installation.
- The printer should now, be available, in the Devices and Printers section of your Control Panel.
- Double-click on the printer to open the printer Queue dialog box and from the Printer menu, choose Properties.
- This opens the printer Properties dialog. Click on the Preferences button.
- It may spend a few seconds connecting to the printer – but that is normal over the Wi-Fi.
- Once the process is complete, the printer Preferences dialog box will open up.
- Click on the Basic tab and then click on Authentication / Account Track button.
- In the ensuing dialog box, key in the following details:
Department Name: student
Note: It is imperative that you enter the Department Name and Password correctly. Incorrect entry will result in failure to print – but the printout client will go ahead and deduct the pre-defined amount from your account.
- Click on OK in the 3 successive dialog boxes to save your settings and close them.
The designated Student Printer is now connected to your laptop.
Next Step: Installing the PaperCut Prinout Client