Any employee of Stamford International University who is allocated or checks out laptops for official purposes must adhere to the following regulations:
- Requests for short term allocations (couple of days to a week at the most) should be directed to the IT Department directly.
- Long term allocation of laptops (for daily use) is subject to written approval – either from the Department Head of the employee in question or the Human Resource Department.
- The laptop is issued solely for official purpose.
- Laptops issued to an employee are non-transferable.
- The employee may not utilize the laptop for performing any activities that are deemed illegal under the clauses of the Information Technology Acts of Thailand or any such International Laws.
- In case the employee engages in any such activities, he or she absolves the University of any responsibilities.
- In addition, usage of the laptops is also governed by the Acceptable Use Policy.
Software & Hardware
- The laptops come pre-installed with a standard set of software including a licensed copy of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Any additional software / hardware required by employee (before or after taking handover) should be clearly communicated via email or in a written format to the Department of Information Technology
- The employee is free to install additional software on the laptop as they see fit as long as they hold legal licenses to all such software.
- The employee may not install unlicensed or pirated software on the laptop and any such installations and / or usage will constitute gross violation of University policy and may result in immediate withdrawal of the issue. In such cases, the University may also take legal action against the employee as it sees fit.
Maintenance & Repair
- In case of any malfunction, employees are required to report the same to Department of Information Technology.
- Employees may not take the laptop for repair to any external agency or vendor at any point of time.
Damage & Theft
- The employee shall be fully accountable for theft, loss or damage of the property (beyond normal wear and tear from usage).
- The employee shall be liable to replace or pay an equivalent amount to the University in case of theft, loss or damage to the property. The University retains the right to deduct the same from the salary of the employee in case of such an event.
Returning the laptops
- The laptop should be returned to the Department of Information Technology upon resignation or termination of the employee or if they do not intend to use it for any reason.
Please note that, while checking-out the laptops, a printer copy of this policy (in form of a declaration) must be signed by the employee. For short-term leases, the declaration needs to be signed during the first checkout and the same declaration will be deemed valid upon every subsequent checkouts.
The official & most-recent version of this information is solely maintained in a web-based format. Any and all printed copies of this material are dated as of the print date. Please make certain to review the material on-line prior to placing reliance on a dated printed version.