What is Numara Footprints?
The IT Helpdesk software used by Stamford International University is a part of the Numara Footprints IT Management Software Suite. Hence, it is commonly referred to as “Numara FootPrints”, “Footprints” or simply “IT Helpdesk” – across the Stamford International University website(s).
Stamford employs the IT Helpdesk System to track all IT service related issues involving end-users. When an end-user or “client” (typically students, staff, faculty, guests. etc.) has an issue that needs to be addressed, they have a common point-of-call that they can contact – the helpdesk. They know that their issue is being correctly logged, assigned and worked upon within a dedicated tracking system, instead of being lost in paper-work, or verbally “handed” around the office. Additionally, the client gets the benefit of staying in the communication loop via the power and ease of automated email correspondence that a helpdesk system can provide. Their personal history is recorded for future reference so that trends and trouble areas can be quickly identified and addressed.
With the use of the web self-service, clients are also able to log-on and then log their own issues, check on their progress and resolve them if they are no longer a problem. Clients can do this from any location where they have access to an internet browser.
Benefits to clients (end-users)
- The client has a standard way of reporting helpdesk issues
- The client builds a helpdesk history that will help establish and identify problem areas with equipment, training etc
- The client can have confidence that each issue has been logged and is being dealt with
- The client should receive better service, and have issues resolved in a timely manner
- The client can gain access to on-line knowledge base information for “self-help”
- The client can use the internet to log their own jobs, or check on progress
- The client will receive automatic email notification about status of their helpdesk job
The bottom line for the client is that they get better and timely service. Recurring issues can be prevented and they have confidence that nothing will “fall through the cracks”.